Movie Makers’ summer day camps are like a whole session in one week! Each week, campers participate in the writing, directing, acting and camera work to create their very own movie.
Beginning only with the theme for that week we’ll create our story, develop our characters, design sets, even work on costumes and make-up. Then we’ll get a crash course in camera work and filming techniques using digital video equipment.
Putting all the skills together, we’ll spend the week making our movie. All participants will spend time in front of and behind the camera, with the opportunity to focus on the parts of movie making they enjoy the most. At the end of each week, we will have made our movie!
A few weeks later, we gather for a premiere party where we’ll invite friends and family and watch our movie on the big screen together. (2022 premiere parties will most likely be outdoor events). And each participant will be sent a link to download the movie.
Each week-long summer camp costs $400, and includes the week of camp, the premiere party, and a link to a digital copy of the movie.
Summer Camp 2022 Weeks and Themes. Most weeks have 2 separate camps, one for ages 6-10 and another for ages 11-17
June 20-24: Music Videos and Commercial Spoofs (ages 6-10 and ages 11-17)
June 27- July 1: Spy Movie (ages 6-10 full)
June 27- July 1: Spy Movie (ages 11-17)
July 11-15: Fantasy Movie (ages 6-10)
July 11-15: Dungeons & Dragons Camp (ages 11-17) *This is not a Movie Making camp, but an actual D&D camp. Go here for more information.
July 11-15: Comedy Movie (ages 11-17)
July 18-22: Superheroes Movie (ages 6-10 and ages 11-17)
July 25-29: Science-Fiction (ages 6-10 and ages 11-17)
August 1-5: Action-Adventure (ages 6-10 and ages 11-17)
Additional Information (PLEASE READ CAREFULLY):
- Each summer camp costs $400
- Summer camp hours are 9am – 3pm. Campers should bring a lunch and water. (Extended care hours from 8-5 are available for an additional cost.)
- Campers will wear masks unless they are acting, then we will maintain social distancing. (If CDC guidelines change by the camp date, we’ll make our best decisions about adapting these policies.)
- All campers will receive a link to download their movie(s) several weeks after camp. Whether and how we gather for a premiere is still uncertain.
- We have always tried to be as safe as possible during this long and ever changing pandemic. All Movie Makers teachers and CITs will be vaccinated. However, we do not require our campers to be vaccinated. Our Summer camps will follow up-to-date safety measures. Since summer is still many months away we do not know what things will be like at that point. As we get closer to camps starting I will send out detailed information about our current COVID policies. Please do not hesitate to contact me if you have any questions or concerns. Thank you!
To register for a camp (or all camps!), fill out our online registration form and choose your payment option (PayPal or personal check).
If you have any questions prior to registering, feel free to email us directly. Read on for general information about our Summer camps.
We hope to see you all this summer!